Friday, November 4, 2011

11-4-11 Craigslist Finds!

Gotta love Craigslist. It is THE place to shop in Hawaii.  Yesterday, I found and purchased some beautiful items to finish furnishing my place.   It now truly feels like home to me. I may not ever want to move back to Ohio, unless I have some compelling reason....  :) 

Wicker Rocking Chair & 5' x 7' green wool rug ~ finally a comfortable place to read inside :)
  
The pillows on the rocking chair perfectly match the pictures my dear friend, Kay, gave me as a Going Away / Happy Birthday gift!


Comfy, large chair for reading outside. The cushions are faded, so I'm comfortable leaving this piece outside on my lanai :)
"Extra" rugs.....
My friend Barb, "Bargain Hunter Extraordinaire", will be so proud of me.  I bought all eight of the green wool rugs the woman had to sell. It was such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up. I needed only three of them.  I sold the rest today on Craigslist for a nice profit. 


Bottom line: After reselling the rugs, I paid $110 total for both wicker chairs AND three wool rugs (5' x 7',  3' x 5' and 3' x 6')   What a fantastic deal, don't you think? 

I am so happy that I patiently waited until the 'right' items appeared.  I could have bought 'almost right' items along the way, but then I would have been 'almost happy' instead of 'perfectly happy'. 

It was worth the wait. Now I need to translate that sentiment into other areas of my life.  

Be patient. Breathe.  Let life evolve the way it is supposed to.  I need to trust that I will be open enough, and wise enough, to recognize the 'right paths' as they appear before me.


PS ~ I recognize that I have to be careful not to become addicted to the thrill of bargain hunting on Craigslist.  As I've been preaching to my friends in Ohio, I don't want any more 'stuff' than I need.  Mark and Debbie provided excellent examples of just being content with 'enough' during the two months I stayed with them prior to relocating to Kauai.  Thank you, Mark and Debbie :) 


There are so many lessons I can learn from simple things, if I just pay attention.....

~ Kaui Kathy 
"Don't dream.... Do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment