Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1/11/2012 Geckos and such.....

We have geckos in Kauai and lots of 'em!  I took the photo below of this colorful little guy on the lanai yesterday. Officially, he is a Gold Dust Day Gecko. 

You lookin' at me??
They can be brown and rather drab, or incredibly colorful. Check out his turquoise feet ~ so cool! 

You can't tell very well by the picture, but he is made up of yellow, green, blue, and orange. The ones I've seen range in size from very tiny, about 1/2", to 6" or more.  Geckos are considered lucky by some and they are a welcome addition to most homes since they eat the many bugs that try to move in with us on a regular basis.  If you've heard people say that there are no bugs in Hawaii, don't believe them.  

Enjoying a tasty beverage...
You can see more photos and read an informative article about the geckos on Kauai here:  http://blog.nandugreen.com/archives/1964 

Since I already have this cool photo of "KonaRed...Paradise in a Bottle"...... Here is another shameless plug for a friend's product and a hurrah for Hawaii Made Products hitting the 'big time'. 

If you haven't heard of the super antioxidant wellness beverage KonaRed, I suspect you soon will. It's made from the previously unused coffee fruit; not the bean from which coffee is produced. Besides the product being both healthy and delicious, Shaun Roberts, a co-founder, lives near me and is a super great guy :)        
It’s the fruit of the coffee plant that surrounds, protects and nourishes the coffee bean
It’s the fruit of the coffee plant that surrounds, protects and nourishes the coffee bean

Shaun and KonaRed are generating a lot of positive publicity lately and I'm thrilled to be able to witness the success of such great people.  

Check out ~

1:) The link below for an article on KonaRed at Ecopreneurist.com: 

http://ecopreneurist.com/2011/12/26/konared-energy-drinks-serves-up-a-market-for-coffee-bean-wastes/

2.) Article in the January 2012 Entrepreneur magazine:



3.)  www.konared.com

I've been drinking KonaRed for the past couple of months and I enjoy knowing that the product is produced in Hawaii and that I'm patronizing local entrepreneurs.  Word has it that KonaRed is going to be available from Costco on the mainland in the next few months.  Let me know if you are able to find KonaRed and what your thoughts are.  I'll be interested to hear. 

Otherwise, things continue to be great here on Kauai. We just finished about 10 days of gorgeous sunshine and warm weather.  I spent some time last week on the beach, both people watching and snorkeling, and have enjoyed quite a few beautiful sunrises and sunsets lately. 


I'm getting ready for 3 sets of company from the mainland now.  The first couple will arrive on Saturday.  Will keep you posted on our activities.  

Wow...!   I can't believe my apartment lease is up in less than three months. The time is flying by way toooo quickly, for sure.  Wonder what the next few months will bring my way...? 



No comments:

Post a Comment