Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kukuiolono Park & Golf Course

Kukuiolono Park and Golf Course is only 1/2 mile from my house. I pass it every single day, on my way to and from my apartment.  It sits high up on the hill and overlooks the Pacific.  Yesterday was the first day I actually stopped and checked it out.  

In addition to the golf course, there is a lovely, peaceful Japanese Garden with gorgeous views of the ocean.   



I understand the price to play golf on Kauai varies based on whether you are a visitor or a local. It turns out there are many places that offer Kama 'aina (local) rates. One just has to remember to ask for them.   I've taken advantage of this several times already.  Cool!  I love a bargain :) 





And, I also found the source of the Kakela Makai early morning crowing.... the ubiquitous  chickens ~ They are numerous and quite colorful: 



Big Daddy

Ugly duckling? 

And, why DID the chicken cross the road?

I think she has his attention!

LOTS of chickens!


Aren't I cocky? 

Look out... I'm in a hurry!

Buster... they call me Buster

Yes, I'm posing for you, but don't take all day!

I'm outta here!

Strutting my stuff....

Black sheep of the family?


Fat and fluffy


After three visits to Kauai and taking no photos of chickens,  I think I've exhausted the subject matter.  



Aloha until next time ~ 

~~ Kauai Kathy ~~ 

Don't Dream, Do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment